Social Icons


Monday, May 18, 2009

Rachel Alexandra Preakness Pictures

Blog friend and fellow Xtra Heat fanatic Laurie Asseo shares some of her Preakness photos of Rachel Alexandra:

Here’s the magnificently-regal daughter of Medaglia d’Oro (who also sired the Black-Eyed Susan winner Payton d’Oro) in the post parade. I believe that's the famous Pancho accompanying her, he who traveled half-way around the world with Curlin.

All four legs off the ground—floating across the Pimlico dirt.

Crossing the finish line in front.

A boy and his horse...I wonder if she’s taken by that Asmussen braided mane, or prefers the more free-flowing mane Wiggins allowed? She looks to have shaken out the neat plaits at race’s end.


Thanks, Laurie!

3 comments:

dana said...

When she was transferred to the Asmussen barn one of the first things I thought was "I hope Pancho is her pony". lol.

Kerry said...

Often the jocks will undo the braids closest to them so that they have some mane to hang onto if needed.

I like the idea that she now has Pancho as her chaperone.

Kevin Stafford said...

First thing I asked folks at the Alibi breakfast on Thursday was whether Pancho had travelled with her. The moment I heard he was there, I knew she would just fine. :-)