Social Icons


Saturday, March 10, 2007

Additional Saturday Races...

At Aqueduct, the $200,000 G3 Gotham Stakes highlights one major Derby contender, including one of my top picks, Summer Doldrums whose two winning races this year (both at Aqueduct) produced high Beyers (107 and 109). Love him! I think he overwhelms this field. Todd Pletcher gets Aqueduct top jock Ramon Dominguez on Cowtown Cat, and Sir Whimsey was well-beaten by Summer Doldrums last time out in the Whirlaway, but is familiar with both his rival and the track.

At Tampa Bay, Hemingway’s Key runs in the Budweiser Challenger Stakes, and appears to be the class of the field, but Jose Lezcano (on Bushmill’s Best) is hotter than hot at Tampa.

At Gulfstream, in the G2 Forward Gal Stakes, I like Shug McGaughey’s Boca Grande. Additionally, I’ll be betting on Awsugahnow and Bold Assurance. Two races later it’s the $150,000 G2 Bonnie Miss Stakes where I hope Christmas Kid impresses…I put $2 win on her in the Kentucky Oaks futures today…at 50-1. She beat High Again last time out by four lengths.

0 comments: