Social Icons


Saturday, May 26, 2007

Quick Picks for Saturday

A couple quick picks before heading out to the pool for the day!

In the G2 Sheepshead Bay Handicap at Belmont, I’m going against prevailing wisdom and picking La Dolce Vita to pull off the upset over Safari Queen and Honey Ryder. For the G3 Louisville Handicap at Churchill Downs, I like Always First to prevail over Cloudy’s Knight and the mare Louve Des Reves. Finally, at Arlington, in the G3 Hanshin Cup Handicap, I’m picking Purim to win, with Gouldings Green and Lewis Michael filling out the trifecta. At Monmouth, I like Bill Mott’s Classic Campaign to return to the winner’s circle in the Elkwood Stakes, off two very sharp recent workouts. We’ll see if Todd Pletcher’s Host is ready after his crushingly disappointing showing in the G1 Sheema Classic in Dubai. And I’m looking at Park Avenue Ball to improve.

0 comments: