Social Icons


Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday Results


Question answered: Summer Doldrums can run on the turf, finishing second behind the impressive Strike a Deal, and just ahead of the other son of Smart Strike, Twilight Meteor in race 7 at Belmont. I did go with Le Dauphin who finished fourth (Angelouie scratched), so no payoff here. However, I did have Dance Away Capote for the win in the Yank’s Music Stakes ($12.20), although not the tri as Dina finished out of the equation. I also had Fancy Runner ($16.60) for the win in race 2; I liked the fact that jockey Clyde Martin, who has consistently ridden this horse over the past two years, had John Grossi claim it a race back and began training it himself. That jock really knows his horse! Also got the $1 exacta in race 1 ($11.40), with Smokin Lu and Al’s Lark (only because my best friend Lu and I used to fanatically follow then-Washington Capital defenseman Al Iafrate when we were in graduate school). With Silver Ferrari’s scratch in race 3, I went with Bound Notebook (who won), Rondo (second) and…Bold Mon (fourth) in my $1 trif…urgh! Race 4 was way off, as all three of my picks were out of the money, while again I had two of three in my tri finish in the money (Port Royal, and Blazing Dynamo who I did also just bet to win, paying $9.20) in race 6. I love Dynaformer horses, plus my dog’s name is Blaze :) I missed the tri in race 9, playing Texas Elegance (win), Dubliner (place) and…Topsail (fourth); I debated between the latter and Triple Bogey Blues (who showed). Should have gone with the superfecta there, as it paid $938. Oh, well. Could have, should have, would have…

I did get the 10 cent superfecta at Delaware in race 2, which paid $57.59, and in race 8 at Churchill, paying $16.35. Also, had the win bet on Sea Inlet in race 8 at Delaware ($16.00), so not a bad day. Certainly better than coming home with nothing.

There were 99 winning tickets in the huge Pick 6 at Hollywood Park, each paying $29,775.

Finally, poor Four Acres at Suffolk Downs! Still 0 for 65, finishing in the middle of the pack. Does anyone know what the record is for the most maiden starts before a winning effort?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one who has a knack for playing the 1,2,4 trifecta, I feel your pain!

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, Zippy Chippy still has the US record for most maiden tries: 100 starts 0-8-12.