Social Icons


Monday, October 22, 2007

BC Update: Monday Evening

So, Barclay Tagg is apparently fuming about the lightning fast workout Eibar Coa gave Tale of Ekati at Belmont today in preparation for the BC Juvenile. Seriously, working him in 45.79 four days before the race? What the hell was Coa thinking? Then again, La Traviata covered the same distance at Keeneland in 45.60—from the gate!

Word is La Traviata will definitely go in the Filly & Mare Sprint (rather than the Sprint) which makes that race infinitely more interesting, as an early speed duel between her and Dream Rush offers the real possibility of a late closing upset by (dare I dream?)…Miss Macy Sue or Wild Gams? Hystericalady has officially opted for the Distaff, with Eddie Castro up, according to her trainer Jerry Hollendorfer. Rahiyah, who I thought offered the possibility of an interesting upset in the F&M Sprint, is out.

In the Sprint on Saturday, In Summation is now out after trainer Christophe Clement revealed, "He did not come back 100 percent from his breeze yesterday (Sunday).” I am neither surprised nor disappointed. Although he strung together three wins this year, including the G1 Bing Crosby, they have all been on turf or synthetic surfaces…I wasn’t impressed with his possibilities here. Maybe just a convenient excuse?

Once the post positions are drawn on Tuesday, I’ll take a more serious look at all the BC races…with an eye on the weather forecast, as well. I probably shouldn’t say anything because it will likely “curse” me, but…so, I have been doing fairly well in the DRF Public Handicapper contest this summer, and, before this past weekend, was in the top 150. Well, after Jabboom paid $33.60 and Cloudy’s Knight paid $38.70, I now find myself at #16—eligible for a free t-shirt, but hoping to crack the top three! Wish me luck! Of course, I’ll be very happy for DerbyHarry should he take it all :)

2 comments:

John said...

Congrats on your handicapping prowess.

Valerie Grash said...

I don't know about prowess, John...probably more just dumb luck :) Otherwise, I could make a living at it, and I wouldn't have to be schlepping off to work this morning is this miserable rain :(